HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wondering if there's more to the Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acer

PostSubject: WWE And GLAAD?! Damn!   Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:49 am

Yeah, I heard WWE is teaming up on working with GLAAD... I mean, yeah, I know they wanna be a "P-G" product and all... and I guess the younger generation of people don't want to hear those certain words, but, those young people are hearing those "words" every day and now by other people.

GLAAD is definitely taking things way too seriously sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z4.invisionfree.com/AcerWorld/
Y2Edge

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 pm

It wouldn't be the first time that WWE worked GLAAD and the like. Remember something about a gay wedding ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mccanehd

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

Don_Bronx wrote:
WWE is reporting to GLAAD that Punk will no longer be an employee. They reported it to GLAAD oficially. Perhaps those comments in Australia really soured the office against Punk. It will be interesting to see the PPV, and especially the Raw following it to see what happens. The WWE has me interested in an angle, which is a good thing.

The thing I found funny about that comment to GLAAD was that they said he would not be IMMEDIATELY renewed once his contract was over, which leaves the door open for them to defend themselves to GLAAD, if Punk returns after they are claiming his contract is over. If GLAAD was to respond if/when he comes back, WWE can claim that either, Vince decieded after they had wrote that letter to glaad to resign him, or claim that Punk asked for the resign once the contract was up.

Not saying that the WWE planned all this, but if it turns out Punk resigned, Vince will end up causing alot of people to question the rumor sites with all these WWE sources talking to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
superdink

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 am

I don't think Vince would do that. If he bought it or was the financial backer, then he would want to run it his way.

I also don't think you can take what they said to glad seriously. I honestly doubt that they would let Punk walk when he is the hottest thing in wrestling as we speak, and plus, if they are using the whole shoot interview thing, then I think they're going to try to play the whole angle off that way, even to outsiders like GLADD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Well I meant more as a Producer for RoH...Pay their talent better so they are less likely to go to TNA... help them get more modern equipment, (I don't watch a lot of Ring of Honor, but they seemed to have very low quality cameras and microphones when I did) You know, help them get off the ground while turning a profit, I guess "investing" would be a better word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don_Bronx

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 pm

If Vince bought that company its fans would run like ants in a flood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fireiceandrain.com
Tyrant

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Well WWE told GLADD that CM Punk was leaving, and that was not a story line, and that he would not be renewing immediately... Also his quote was along the lines of "I'd like to think that things would be better once Vince McMahon is dead, but I know that's not the case because his idiot daughter and doofus son in law will take over" However, I'm not counting out Vince screwing Cena out of the title in a whole "I made you and I can unmake you" story line build, or Cena losing the title, getting fired, taking time off to heal nagging minor injuries, and them making a new title or having Orton be champion for both brands... However I don't see CM Punk staying in WWE for a little while...

My outside the box theory; Vince McMahon buys Ring of Honor, doesn't ruin it, just financially backs it so that it can have better quality of equipment, and get bigger fans, and use their wrestling to compete with TNA's "wrestling, basically giving a big "fuck you" to the company that has plagiarized, and slandered him and his company for years...

I know my idea is pretty far fetched as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Don_Bronx

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 pm

WWE is reporting to GLAAD that Punk will no longer be an employee. They reported it to GLAAD oficially. Perhaps those comments in Australia really soured the office against Punk. It will be interesting to see the PPV, and especially the Raw following it to see what happens. The WWE has me interested in an angle, which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fireiceandrain.com
superdink

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I can see something like that happening, but I dont know if they will stretch it out until Survivor Series or long after it. I think after the Survivor Series, youre going to see the WWE really start building up the Cena-Rock match again and hopefully a CM Punk-Austin match up.

I really think Del Rio was supposed to be a bigger part of Raw, but with how hot Punk has gotten on TV lately, i think they had to change plans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mccanehd

PostSubject: Wondering if there's more to the Story   Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Now this is going to sound extremely out there, but after the past two weeks on Raw, I'm left wondering if they have something bigger that they are setting us up for. For the past few months (Or even longer) the people who are writing for the WWE have proven that they like to stretch stories and feuds lately,(Kofi/Dolph, Michael Cole, ect) instead of just jumping stories from PPV to PPV.

What I'm getting at is, that after the past two weeks on Raw with the whole Cena/Punk/now McMahon story, I'm getting the feeling that they have higher intentions with this story. With Summerslam and Survivor Series coming in the next few months, I could definitely see a powerstuggle type story coming out of this. I know we've seen this before, but re-hashing old stories has never been an issue with the WWE.

What's led me to think this way, was a few things being brought up. Cena started the show with the question "Where does this stop?" Then brings up the Daniel bryan firing/ signs being taken from the fans before shows, and suspending Punk for speaking his mind. Basically Cena sounded like a person campaning for something. Later on in the night, during their little one on one, Cena keeps asking about the old Vince and said if he doesnt have any fight in him anymore, Why not quit. Add that to WWE's edited Punk Rant stopping at "I think this company would be better off, once Vince is dead" Then combine that to Vince making sure Cena knows its his company and his rules, you can see that there could be a CHANCE that a story involving Vince and his power-hungry ego (Along with Punk and a few others) running over the WWE, with a group standing up to them of course. It would allow you to give Cena rest (Even though he's fired, you could keep him on TV and use him as the voice against Vince, all the while using others to fight the battle in the ring) This would also give them their chance to bring Triple H back on TV, possibly bench the Vince Character for a while, and possibly finally reveal who the GM is too.

I know its far fetched, but I was wondering what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wondering if there's more to the Story   

Back to top Go down

Wondering if there's more to the Story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Wrestling & Fighting Chat :: WWE-
Jump to: